Looking for ideas outside your organization can be a way to drive innovation or even more, find a new idea to bring to market. LG continues to be a pioneer in open innovation and crowdourcing through their Design the Future Competition.
LG Mobile Phones, Autodesk and crowdSPRING are ringing in the decade of mobile with the recent announcement of their 3rd Annual Design the Future Competition. This $80,000 prize-fueled competition allows designers a chance to define the future of mobile communication. There will be over 40 award winners and to reward as many people as possible in the name of creativity, LG will give out an additional whopping 37 honorable mentions at $1,000 each.
“We’re very excited about this competition because it gives consumers and design enthusiasts all a chance to exercise their creative imaginations and have their ideas be heard…You don’t have to work for LG to make an impact on the future of mobile phones.”
-Ehtisham Rabbani, Vice President of Marketing and Innovation for LG Mobile Phones.
What’s more, the competition brings a dose of celebrity with the participation of Russell Bobbitt, a renowned movie prop master, known for his work on Star Trek, Iron Man and Iron Man 2. The award winner of this competition will not only win a sexy cash prize of $20,000 but an opportunity to have their winning mobile design featured in Bobbitt’s next film. Participants will all receive a free 15-day trial of Autodesk’s SketchBook Pro, a paint and drawing application for use on the Mac or PC.
Both seasoned and aspiring designers can submit their entries now until April 26th at crowdSPRING, one of the world’s largest creative communities and is an open platform, where anyone can post projects or submit entries.www.crowdspring.com/LG.
Even if you don’t win the mega-prize, there are ample chances for additional prizes:
- First Place: $20,000 Cash Award + 1 Wacom Intuos4 medium tablet (ARV of $349) + Autodesk industrial design software (ARV of $500)
- Second Place: $10,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100)
- Third Place: $5,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100)
- Prop Master’s Choice: $3,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100) + 1 non-working concept mock-up creation (ARV of $4,000)
- 37 Honorable Mentions: $1,000 Cash Award
Official rules can be found at www.crowdspring.com/LG.